As was already noted - you have to enable Spark in the Quickstart VM
as it's not on by default. Just choose to start the service it in CM.

For anyone that's had any issue with it, please let me know offline.
My experience has been that it works out of the box. There's likely a
simple resolution, or else something that can be fixed in the VM.