Maybe a little off topic, but would you mind to share your motivation of saving
the RDD into an SQL DB?

If you’re just trying to do further transformations/queries with SQL for
convenience, then you may just use Spark SQL directly within your Spark
application without saving them into DB:

  val sqlContext = new org.apache.spark.sql.SQLContext(sparkContext)
  import sqlContext._

  // First create a case class to describe your schema
  case class Record(fieldA: T1, fieldB: T2, …)

  // Transform RDD elements to Records and register it as a SQL table
  rdd.map(…).registerAsTable(“myTable”)

  // Torture them until they tell you the truth :)
  sql(“SELECT fieldA FROM myTable WHERE fieldB > 10”)