Vida,

What kind of database are you trying to write to?

For example, I found that for loading into Redshift, by far the easiest
thing to do was to save my output from Spark as a CSV to S3, and then load
it from there into Redshift. This is not a slow as you think, because Spark
can write the output in parallel to S3, and Redshift, too, can load data
from multiple files in parallel
<http://docs.aws.amazon.com/redshift/latest/dg/c_best-practices-single-copy-command.html>
.

Nick