I think the eigenvalues and eigenvectors you are talking about is that of
M^T*M or M*M^T, if we get M=U*s*V^T as SVD. What I want is to get
eigenvectors and eigenvalues of M itself. Is this my misunderstanding of
linear algebra or the API?

[image: M^{*} M = V \Sigma^{*} U^{*}\, U \Sigma V^{*} = V (\Sigma^{*}
\Sigma) V^{*}\,][image: M M^{*} = U \Sigma V^{*} \, V \Sigma^{*} U^{*} = U
(\Sigma \Sigma^{*}) U^{*}\,]