The SVD does not in general give you eigenvalues of its input.

Are you just trying to access the U and V matrices? they are also
returned in the API.  But they are not the eigenvectors of M, as you
note.

I don't think MLlib has anything to help with the general eigenvector problem.
Maybe you can implement a sort of power iteration algorithm using
GraphX to find the largest eigenvector?