Hi All,

@Andrew
Thanks for the tips.  I just built the master branch of Spark last
night, but am still having problems viewing history through the
standalone UI.  I dug into the Spark job events directories as you
suggested, and I see at a minimum 'SPARK_VERSION_1.0.0' and
'EVENT_LOG_1'; for applications that call 'sc.stop()' I also see
'APPLICATION_COMPLETE'.  The version and application complete files
are empty; the event log file contains the information one would need
to repopulate the web UI.

The follow may be helpful in debugging this:
-Each job directory (e.g.
'/tmp/spark-events/testhistoryjob-1409246088110') and the files within
are owned by the user who ran the job with permissions 770.  This
prevents the 'spark' user from accessing the contents.

-When I make a directory and contents accessible to the spark user,
the history server (invoked as 'sbin/start-history-server.sh
/tmp/spark-events') is able to display the history, but the standalone
web UI still produces the following error: 'No event logs found for
application HappyFunTimes in
file:///tmp/spark-events/testhistoryjob-1409246088110. Did you specify
the correct logging directory?'

-Incase it matters, I'm running pyspark.

Do you know what may be causing this?  When you attempt to reproduce
locally, who do you observe owns the files in /tmp/spark-events?

best,
-Brad