Here is the other relevant bit of my set-up:
MASTER=spark://sparkmaster:7077
IPYTHON_OPTS="notebook --pylab inline --ip=0.0.0.0"
CASSANDRA_NODES="cassandra1|cassandra2|cassandra3"
PYSPARK_SUBMIT_ARGS="--master $MASTER --deploy-mode client --num-executors
6 --executor-memory 1g --executor-cores 1" ipython notebook
--profile=pyspark