Hi Xiaoyong,

SparkSQL has already been released and has been part of the Spark code-base
since Spark 1.0.  The latest stable release is Spark 1.1 (here's the Spark
SQL Programming Guide
<http://spark.apache.org/docs/1.1.0/sql-programming-guide.html>) and we're
currently voting on Spark 1.2.

Hive on Spark is an initiative by Cloudera to help folks whom are already
using Hive but instead of using traditional MR it will utilize Spark.  For
more information, check out
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2014/07/apache-hive-on-apache-spark-motivations-and-design-principles/
.

For anyone who is building new projects in Spark, IMHO I would suggest
jumping to SparkSQL first.

HTH!
Denny