A model partitioned by users?

I mean that if you have a million users surely you don't mean to build a
million models. There would be little data per user right? Sounds like you
have 0 sometimes.

You would typically be generalizing across users not examining them in
isolation. Models are built on thousands or millions of data points.

I assumed you were subsetting for cross validation in which case we are
talking about making more like say 10 models. You usually take random
subsets. But it might be as fine to subset as a function of a user ID if
you like. Or maybe you do have some reason for segregating users and
modeling them differently (e.g. different geographies or something).

Your code doesn't work as is since you are using RDDs inside RDDs. But I am
also not sure you should do what it looks like you are trying to do.