You are right... my code example doesn't work :)

I actually do want a decision tree per user. So, for 1 million users, I
want 1 million trees. We're training against time series data, so there are
still quite a few data points per users. My previous message where I
mentioned RDDs with no length was, I think, a result of the way the random
partitioning worked (I was partitioning into N groups where N was the
number of users... total).

Given this, I'm thinking the mlllib is not designed for this particular
case? It appears optimized for training across large datasets. I was just
hoping to leverage it since creating my feature sets for the users was
already in Spark.