One possible workaround could be to orchestrate launch/stopping of
Streaming jobs on demand as long as the number of jobs/streams stay within
the boundaries of the resources (cores) you've available.
e.g. if you're using Mesos, Marathon offers a REST interface to manage job
lifecycle. You will still need to solve the dynamic configuration through
some alternative channel.