Hello James,

I've been working with Spark Streaming for the last 6 months, and I'm
coding in Java 7. Even though I haven't encountered any blocking issues
with that combination, I'd definitely pick Scala if the decision was up to
me.

I agree with Gerard and Charles on this one. If you can, go with Scala for
Spark Streaming applications.

Cheers,

Emre Sevinç
http://www.bigindustries.be/