The multi-threading code in Scala is quite simple and you can google it
pretty easily. We used the Future framework. You can use Akka also.

@Evo My concerns for filtering solution are: 1. Will rdd2.filter run before
rdd1.filter finish? 2. We have to traverse rdd twice. Any comments?

--
Many thanks.

Bill