Yes you are in right mailing list, for sure :)

Regarding your question, I am sure you are well versed with how spark
works. Essentially you can run any arbitrary function with map call and it
will run in remote nodes. Hence you need to install any needed dependency
in all nodes. You can also pass on any additional custom code through jar
files which get shipped to cluster when your function is run.

This is of course a general idea. In your case, if you can kindly show what
you are doing and any errors then experts here will definitely help.

Best
Ayan