Hi Eran, I didn't get the solution yet.

Thanks,
Raja

-----Original Message-----
From: "Eran Witkon" <eranwit...@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎12/‎23/‎2015 8:17 PM
To: "raja kbv" <raja...@yahoo.com>; "user@spark.apache.org"
<user@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: How to Parse & flatten JSON object in a text file using Spark
&Scala into Dataframe

Did you get a solution for this?

On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 at 20:24 raja kbv <raja...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

Hi,

I am new to spark.

I have a text file with below structure.

(employeeID: Int, Name: String, ProjectDetails: JsonObject{[{ProjectName,
Description, Duriation, Role}]})
Eg:
(123456, Employee1, {“ProjectDetails”:[
                                                         { “ProjectName”: “Web
Develoement”, “Description” : “Online Sales website”, “Duration” : “6 Months” ,
“Role” : “Developer”}
                                                         { “ProjectName”:
“Spark Develoement”, “Description” : “Online Sales Analysis”, “Duration” : “6
Months” , “Role” : “Data Engineer”}
                                                         { “ProjectName”:
“Scala Training”, “Description” : “Training”, “Duration” : “1 Month” }
                                                          ]
                                                }

Could someone help me to parse & flatten the record as below dataframe using
scala?

employeeID,Name, ProjectName, Description, Duration, Role
123456, Employee1, Web Develoement, Online Sales website, 6 Months , Developer
123456, Employee1, Spark Develoement, Online Sales Analysis, 6 Months, Data
Engineer
123456, Employee1, Scala Training, Training, 1 Month, null

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Raja