Hi Aashish,

You are running in standalone mode with one node

As I read you start master and 5 workers pop up from
SPARK_WORKER_INSTANCES=5. I gather you use start-slaves.sh?

Now that is the number of workers and low memory on them port 8080 should
show practically no memory used (idle). Also every worker has been
allocated 1 core SPARK_WORKER_CORE=1

Now it all depends how you start your start-submit job and what parameters
you pass to it.

${SPARK_HOME}/bin/spark-submit \
                --driver-memory 1G \
                --num-executors 2 \
                --executor-cores 1 \
                --executor-memory 1G \
                --master spark://<IP>:7077 \

What are your parameters here? From my experience standalone mode has mind
of its own and it does not follow what you have asked.

If you increase the number of cores for workers, you may reduce the memory
issue because effectively multiple tasks can be run on sub-set of your data.

HTH

P.S. I don't use SPARK_MASTER_OPTS

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *