I haven't tried rdd.distinct. I thought since redcuceByKey itself is not
helping me even with a sliding window here ,so i thought rdd.distinct might
not  help . I will write a minimal code for reproducing the issue and share
it with you guys. One another point I want to bring in is that I am unable
to reproduce the issue  when I am running on my local box , but when I
deploy the code in yarn cluster  with 34 executors the problem is easily
reproduced . Similarly when I am using Spark. CreateStream with one
partition the issue is not reproduced and when I am using spark
DirectStream to consume kafka with 100 partitions the issue can be easily
reproduced. The duplicates are not happening on the same executor as per
log print, its happening on different executors . I don't know whether last
point helps.