Hi Anna

There are a variety of options for launching spark clusters. I doubt people
run spark in a. Single EC2 instance, certainly not in production I don't
think

I don't have enough information of what you are trying to do but if you are
just trying to set things up from scratch then I think you can just use EMR
which will create a cluster for you and attach a zeppelin instance as well

You can also use databricks for ease of use and very little management but
you will pay a premium for that abstraction

Regards
Sam