Well, you are posting on the Spark mailing list. Though for streaming I'd
recommend Flink over Spark any day of the week. Flink was written as a
streaming platform from the beginning quickly aligning the API with the
theoretical framework of Google's Dataflow whitepaper. It's awesome for
streaming. Spark not so much so far. Might become better, though the inital
use case for Spark wasn't streaming, they might overcome that or not. I'd
still go with Flink for streaming.

If you need cross platform support you can take a look at Beam. Beam has
Dataflow, Spark and Flink runners among others.

Regards,

Magnus