Hi, my name is Marco and I'm one of the developers behind
https://github.com/unicredit/hbase-rdd
a project we are currently reviewing for various reasons.

We were basically wondering if RDD "is still a thing" nowadays (we see lots of
usage for DataFrames or Datasets) and we're not sure how much of the community
still works/uses RDDs.

Also, for lack of time, we always mainly worked using Cloudera-flavored
Hadoop/HBase & Spark versions. We were thinking the community would then help
us organize the project in a more "generic" way, but that didn't happen.

So I figured I would ask here what is the gut feeling of the Spark community so
to better define the future of our little library.

Thanks

-Marco