Hi Arpan,

I presume you are interested in what client was doing.

If you have access to the edge node (where spark code is submitted), look
for the following file

${HOME/.spark_history

example

-rw-r--r--. 1 hduser hadoop 111997 Jun  2  2018 .spark_history

just use shell tools (cat, grep etc) to have a look

Or put it in HDFS somewhere

hdfs dfs -put .spark_history /misc/spark_history ## Spark cannot read a
hidden file

#and read it as text file through sparkRDD in spark-shell

scala> val historyRDD = spark.sparkContext.textFile("/misc/spark_history")
historyRDD: org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD[String] = /misc/spark_history
MapPartitionsRDD[11] at textFile at <console>:23

#print it out

 historyRDD.collect().foreach(f=>{println(f)})

HTH

LinkedIn *

such loss, damage or destruction.