Those two export lines means set SPARK_HOME and PATH *as environment
variables* in the session you have in Ubuntu.

Check this website for more info

bash - How do I add environment variables? - Ask Ubuntu
<https://askubuntu.com/questions/58814/how-do-i-add-environment-variables#:~:text=To%20set%20an%20environment%20variable%20everytime%2C%20use%20the%20export%20command,script%20it%20will%20not%20work.>

If you are familiar with windows, then they are equivalent to Windows
environment variables. For example, note SPARK_HOME

[image: image.png]

<https://askubuntu.com/questions/58814/how-do-i-add-environment-variables#:~:text=To%20set%20an%20environment%20variable%20everytime%2C%20use%20the%20export%20command,script%20it%20will%20not%20work.>Next.
Now you are trying to start spark in standalone mode. Check the following
link

Spark Standalone Mode - Spark 3.1.1 Documentation (apache.org)
<http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/spark-standalone.html>

to learn more about it

And also check the logfile generated by invoking spark-master.sh in your
output

starting org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master, logging to*
/opt/spark/logs/spark--org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master-1-23d865d7f117.out*

HTH

   view my Linkedin profile

such loss, damage or destruction.