Dear Apache Spark Community,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek your valuable
insights and advice on some challenges I've been facing in my career and
personal development journey, particularly in the context of Apache Spark
and the broader big data ecosystem.

A little background about myself: I graduated in 2019 and have since been
working in the field of AWS cloud and big data tools such as Spark,
Airflow, AWS services, Databricks, and Snowflake. My interest in the world
of big data tools dates back to 2016-17, where I initially began exploring
concepts like big data with spark using scala, and the Scala ecosystem,
including technologies like Akka. Additionally, I have a keen interest in
functional programming and data structures and algorithms (DSA) applied to
big data optimizations.

However, despite my enthusiasm and passion for these areas, I am
encountering some challenges that are hindering my growth:

   1.

   *Focus and Time Management:* I often struggle with maintaining focus and
   effectively managing my time. This leads to productivity issues and affects
   my ability to undertake and complete projects efficiently.
   2.

   *Graduate Studies Dilemma:* I am unsure about whether to pursue a
   master's degree. The fear of GRE and uncertainty about getting into a
   reputable university have been holding me back. I'm unsure whether further
   education would significantly benefit my career in big data.
   3.

   *Long-Term Project Building:* I am interested in working on long-term
   projects, but I am uncertain about the right approach and how to stay
   committed throughout the project's lifecycle.
   4.

   *Overcoming Fear of Failure and Procrastination:* I often find myself in
   a constant fear mode of failure, which leads to abandoning pet projects
   shortly after starting them or procrastinating over initiating new ones.
   5.

   *Risk Aversion:* With no inherited wealth or financial security, I am
   often apprehensive about taking risks, even when they may potentially lead
   to significant personal or professional growth.

Given my background and aspirations, I am reaching out to the Apache Spark
Community, hoping to receive advice, guidance, and mentorship from
experienced professionals who may have faced similar challenges or can
offer valuable insights. I believe that the collective wisdom and
experience within this community can provide me with valuable perspectives
to navigate these hurdles.

If any of you have experienced similar challenges or have insights to share
on any of the mentioned points, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.
Additionally, if you are aware of resources, courses, or opportunities that
could help me address these challenges, please do let me know.

Thank you in advance for considering my request. Your advice will play a
crucial role in shaping my career and personal development journey in the
world of big data and Apache Spark.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and learning from your experiences.

Sincerely,

Varun Shah