Hi,

I am new to Spark and GraphX (I have read the documentation and tried out
basic Spark examples).

I am interested in using GraphX to process some data in my DB. I use UUIDs
to identify my data, but I see that GraphX uses Long to identify the
vertices (VertexId is defined to be of type Long).

I can redefine VertexId to be java.util.UUID and see if it compiles and
continues to work, but I am concerned that this may not work in future
releases even if it works now.

I did not want to log an enhancement ticket for this without first asking
about this on the mailing list. Also, I was not sure if this should be on
the developer list (most of the posts I saw on that list were related to
pull-requests).

I skipped the Bagel documentation since it said it was being replaced with
GraphX. I could be wrong, but a brief scan of Bagel documentation gave me
the impression that I might be able to use Bagel with UUID identifiers. So
if GraphX is considered a replacement for Bagel, I am hoping UUIDs will be
supported in GraphX. Maybe the Graph can be parameterized with the type of
the vertex-ID?

Any thoughts on how I should proceed? Is this of interest to anyone else?

Thanks.

-deepak