Hi Evan,

Thanks for the quick response. The only mapping between UUIDs and Longs that
I can think of is one where I sequentially assign Longs as I load the UUIDs
from the DB. But this results in having to centralize this mapping. I am
guessing that centralizing this is not a good idea for a distributed graph
processing engine.

Also, I will be running Spark on the same nodes as my distributed DB
(Cassandra) and I am hoping that the Spark worker on each node will load the
data from the local Cassandra node. I am not sure if this is possible with
GraphX, but I am hoping it is, and therefore my concern with centralizing
the UUID<->Long mapping.

Thanks.

-deepak