Hi,

I am using storm-0.8.2 in my system.  My project, based on storm, opens
connections to database/cache-server from  spout/bolts. I need some of the
connections to remain open till the topologies are active. However I would
like to release these open connections from spout/bolt code when I kill my
topology.

Could you please tell me how the resources(cache-server or database
connections) in bolts/spouts can be released using storm 0.9.3 and higher
versions?

I am planning to upgrade storm, used in my project, to storm-0.9.4 for
various reasons. If I can release resources (cache-server or database
connections) from spout and bolt, it would another good reason for storm
upgrade.

Thanks,
Richards Peter.