Hi,

Storm processes multiple tuple in an "overlapping" manner, ie, emitting
from spout, network transfer, processing at bolt is fully pipelined and
multiple tuples are in the pipeline at the same time. Additionally, this
pipeline contains multiple buffers and thread transferring the tuple
from buffer to buffer (or over the network). Thus, the measured
latencies are "overlapping" and you cannot simple sum them up.

-Matthias