Hi,
 I am running a topology in the 6 node cluster on RHEL 5 and Oracle JDK
1.7. Schematic for topology as attached, there are 6 workers for spout and
bolts. Topology picks up message from JMS and sends out message to bolts.
Each bolt does some processing and sends out next set of tuple to
downstream for further processing. All bolts are in shuffle grouping. There
are two special bolts
1. Log
2. Ticket
Log bolt receive same tuple from each bolt for logging purpose but these
tuples are unanchored. Similarly Ticket bolt receive tuple that are failed
due to business logic, these are also unanchored. Bolt1 to Bolt4 and
anchored tuple since we wanted message guarantee for these tuples. Each
bolt receive one tuple and emit one data tuple from Bolt1 to Bolt4.

I have observed that we were acking some unanchored tuple in Log and Ticket
bolts, and it was causing topology freeze after sometime (10 mins when
worker jvm heap size is set to 2 GB , 2 days when worker jvm heap was set
to 16 GB). These freeze essentially slows down message read from JMS. After
commenting out acking I didnt observe any slow down/freeze.

I would like to ask group that would acking unanchored tuple is the reason
for the topology slow down or freeze ?

Regards,
Manish