Yes, I considered a threadpool, but the confusion was about where to
declare them, initiate a thread run and when to join the threads. Any code
samples or pseudocode that could help?
Besides, there's this thread where a person advises
<https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/storm-user/201311.mbox/%3CCAAYLz+pUZ44GNsNNJ9O5hjTr2rZLW=CKM=fgvcfwbnw613r...@mail.gmail.com%3E>
not using a threadpool.

What exactly is the backpressure
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-431> concept? Is it something
about having enough of bolts to process the tuples the spout emits so that
acks would be received by the spout on time?

--
Regards,
Navin