Hi,

On my local system I was able to run 5 topologies only when I increased the
number of slots in storm.yaml, to 5.

But when submitting my jar to storm on an Amazon node, even though I had 5
supervisor nodes running, only 4 of my topologies were assigned a worker.
The 5th topology got 0 workers.

Why is this happening? Shouldn't each supervisor have 4 worker slots
available by default? So 5 supervisors would have 5*4=20 slots?

I've read that I'm expected to configure the slots in the storm.yaml of
every supervisor and restart the supervisor. So if I configure each
supervisor to have 5 slots, will I be able to run 5*5=25 topologies?

How exactly does this slots concept work and what was it meant for?

--
Regards,
Navin