Hi Pradeep,

Ideally you should start with just 1 worker, with minimum number of spout
threads (1 or 2, you will need more if latency is high while consuming from
SQS and committing to it).
Use LocalOrShuffle grouping to reduce traffic across Storm nodes.
Try to achieve maximum throughput with this, by tuning parallelism for bolt
and max_spout_pending nob.
So you will get to know how much throughput you can achieve with just 1
worker, capture parallelism per worker.
Generally Storm topologies are horizontally scalable, so keep on adding
workers and keep increasing parallelism on the same scale.

Regards,
Vijay