Hi Himabindu,

backtype.storm.* is the old package namespace for Storm for pre-1.0.0 Storm
classes. If you are working with new code, you should be referring to
org.apache.storm.* instead. You can more than likely just do a search and
replace in your Java files for backtype.storm and replace by
org.apache.storm.

You might want to use mvn dependency:tree to check that your project
doesn't depend on older Storm jars. Also consider posting your pom.xml if
you need more help.

You could use the jartransformer class as you mentioned, but I think it was
intended as a way to allow pre-1.0.0 topologies to run on 1.0.0+, and it
would be better to update your code to refer to org.apache.storm instead.