The spout will reemit some messages if it fails to commit offsets to Kafka.
Are these CommitFailedExceptions occuring in your logs normally?

Also since the spout stores offsets in Kafka, you may want to check the
replication factor on that topic by running `./kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper
localhost:2181 --describe --topic __consumer_offsets` in one of your Kafka
/bin directories.