I deploy with LocalCluster mode. I get several thousands messages processed
a second but expect my botteneck is not at the storm layer.

It would be interesting to see a full explanation of the differences in
LocalCluster and a real deployment. I expect quite a few people would
benefit from having storm run in process in actual deployments.

-Rits