Thanks Cody -
I tried the BrightTag fork and still have problems with storm 0.9.1-incubating
and kafka 0.8.1, I get an error with my trident topology (haven’t tried
non-trident yet):
(venv)tnorris-osx:stormkafkamon tnorris$ ./monitor.py --topology
TrendingTagTopology --spoutroot storm --friendly
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./monitor.py", line 112, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "./monitor.py", line 96, in main
    zk_data = process(zc.spouts(options.spoutroot, options.topology))
  File "/git/github/stormkafkamon/stormkafkamon/zkclient.py", line 76, in spouts
    j = json.loads(self.client.get(self._zjoin([spout_root, c, p]))[0])
  File
"/git/github/stormkafkamon/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/simplejson/__init__.py",
 line 501, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File
"/git/github/stormkafkamon/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py",
 line 370, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s)
  File
"/git/github/stormkafkamon/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py",
 line 389, in raw_decode
    return self.scan_once(s, idx=_w(s, idx).end())
simplejson.scanner.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
(venv)tnorris-osx:stormkafkamon tnorris$

I’m not too familiar with python but will try to debug it as time allows - let
me know if you have advice.

Thanks
Tyson

On May 28, 2014, at 7:20 AM, Cody A. Ray