Andrew,

>From what I understand streamparse still requires that the topologies be in
>Clojure… not entirely sure how this is different from what storm already
>provides. I was looking more for a DSL that we could use w/ Python 2.6 and be
>100% Python, but it looks like that is not available.

-Ashu
On May 30, 2014, at 2:14 PM, Andrew Montalenti
<and...@parsely.com<mailto:and...@parsely.com>> wrote:

For one thing, a recently accepted Storm pull request has made this
serialization pluggable and someone has already implemented a protobuf variety.
We plan to investigate alternative serialization options for multilang once we
get the other tooling out of the way.

For another, it is true the overhead for serialization is non trivial, but the
overhead also tends to be a constant factor applied to data size, and machines
are cheap while programming time is expensive. Storm and Python's data analysis
and data integration libraries are a pretty powerful combo worth the
performance penalty.

On May 30, 2014 1:42 PM, "Larry Palmer"