tried it; now getting NoSuchMethodError errors from netty/v.2.0 datastax's
driver for cassandra.
fwiw, I rebuilt topology with storm 0.9.2 as dependency. reverting back.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.LengthFieldBasedFrameDecoder.<init>(IIIIIZ)V
at com.datastax.driver.core.Frame$Decoder.<init>(Frame.java:130) at
com.datastax.driver.core.Connection$PipelineFactory.getPipeline(Connection.java:796)
at
org.jboss.netty.bootstrap.ClientBootstrap.connect(ClientBootstrap.java:212)
at
org.jboss.netty.bootstrap.ClientBootstrap.connect(ClientBootstrap.java:188)
at com.datastax.driver.core.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:93) at
com.datastax.driver.core.Connection$Factory.open(Connection.java:432) at
com.datastax.driver.core.ControlConnection.tryConnect(ControlConnection.java:215)
at
com.datastax.driver.core.ControlConnection.reconnectInternal(ControlConnection.java:170)
at
com.datastax.driver.core.ControlConnection.connect(ControlConnection.java:78)
at

Andrey Yegorov