Thanks Eugene.
Building on this, it looks like one can monitor the DRPC server the same way.
Which is going to be very helpful to us.
... checking out monit...

Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 22:12:32 -0400
Subject: Re: The role of supervisor in Storm
From: edvor...@gmail.com
To: user@storm.incubator.apache.org

Monitoring application checks periodically if Unix process is running and
restart or do some other actions if it's down. This is generic unix daemons,
not related to storm, Most popular are supervisord - http://supervisord.org/
and monit -.http://mmonit.com/monit/.
I prefer monit, check it out.

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 9:42 PM, jeff saremi <jeffsar...@hotmail.com> wrote:

ok thanks. Understand it better now.
What is the monitor application? How does it monitor a process?