Michael,

​ Thanks for the response but I think another problem arises; as ​I just
cooked up a small example the increased number of workers only spawns
mirrors of the topology. This poses a problem for me due to the fact that
my spout reads from a very big file and converts each line into a tuple and
feeds that in the topology. What I wanted to do in the first place is to
actually send each tuple produced to a different subscribed bolt each time
(using Round Robing or smth) so that each one of them got 1/n nth (where n
the number of bolts) of the input stream. If I spawn 2 workers both will
read the same file and emit the same tuples so both topology workers will
produce the same results.

 I wanted to avoid to create a spout that takes a file offset as an input
and wire a lot more stuff than I have to; so I was trying to find a way to
perform what I told you in an elegant and scalable fashion...so far I have
found nil.