Hi,

I am using the Kafka spout that in integrated in
apache-storm-0.9.2-incubating release. I am able to submit the topology to
my storm cluster, but it is not receiving any tuples from the Kafka topic.
I know the topic ("page_visits") has data because I can read it from the
console.

Here is my code for topology :

public static void main(String[] args) throws AlreadyAliveException,
InvalidTopologyException {
        BrokerHosts zkHost = new ZkHosts("localhost:2181");
        SpoutConfig spoutConfig = new SpoutConfig(
                  zkHost, // list of Kafka brokers
                  "page_visits", // topic to read from
                  "/zkroot", // the root path in Zookeeper for the spout to
store the consumer offsets
                  "discovery"); // an id for this consumer for storing the
consumer offsets in Zookeeper
        spoutConfig.forceFromStart = true;
        KafkaSpout kafkaSpout = new KafkaSpout(spoutConfig);

        TopologyBuilder builder = new TopologyBuilder();
        builder.setSpout("kafkaSpout", kafkaSpout);
        builder.setBolt("kafkaBolt", new
PrinterBolt()).shuffleGrouping("kafkaSpout");

        Config conf = new Config();
        conf.setNumWorkers(4);
        conf.setDebug(true);

        StormSubmitter.submitTopology(args[0], conf,
builder.createTopology());

    }

}

I am using apache-storm-0.9.2-incubating and kafka-0.9.2-0.8.1.1. Is this a
versions compatibility issue? if so, which version should I use for this to
work?

Thanks in Advance,
Palak Shah