May I request that the patch for STORM-341 is merged into trunk for the 0.9.3
release?

SimonC

-----Original Message-----
From: P.Taylor Goetz [mailto:ptgo...@gmail.com]
Sent: 28 August 2014 21:35
To: d...@storm.incubator.apache.org
Cc: user@storm.incubator.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] Apache Storm Release 0.9.3/0.10.0

I'd like to gather community feedback for the next two releases of Apache Storm.

0.9.3-incubating will be our next release. Please indicate (by JIRA ticket ID)
which bug fixes and/or new features you would like to be considered for
inclusion in the next release. If there is not an existing for a particular
issue or feature, please consider adding one.

For the next and subsequent releases, we will be using a slightly different
approach than what we did in the past. Instead of voting right away on a build,
we will make one or more "unofficial" release candidate builds available prior
to voting on an official release. This will give the Apache Storm community
more time to discuss, evaluate, identify and fix potential issues before the
official release. This should enable us to ensure the final release is as bug
free as possible.

Apache Storm 0.10.0 (STORM-216)
As some of you are aware, the engineering team at Yahoo! has done a lot of work
to bring security and multi-tenancy to Storm, and has contributed that work
back to the community. Over the past few months we have been in the process of
enhancing and syncing that work  with the master branch in a separate branch
labeled "security." That work is now nearing completion, and I would like us to
consider merging it into master after the 0.9.3 release. Since the security
work includes a large number of changes and enhancements, I propose we bump the
version number to 0.10.0 for the first release to include those features.