Seems to me, it depends on which spout you are using. If you are using
Kafka & Transactional Spout then replay is consistent each time. In any
other queue, batch may be different.
This contains the type of spouts & their limitations.
http://storm.incubator.apache.org/documentation/Trident-spouts.html

Mayur Rustagi
Ph: +1 (760) 203 3257
http://www.sigmoidanalytics.com