I have a problem I need advice solving.

The Validate method does not allow me to check if the session has expired
and throw a suitable exception.
I have the possible scenario where a user calls up a page. Leaves it idle
long enough to expire the session. Then hits the update button.

What happens is the validate method is called and the record is validated.
Since the session has timed out when the  input page with an error is
presented some of the values on my page, (like the current logged in user)
are no longer available.

Ideally I would like to check the session in the validate method, throw my
usual SessionExpiredException if the session is blank but the validate
method does not allow me to override the ValidatorForm validate method.

Any advice on how to elegantly solve this?