On Friday 09 April 2004 21:19, Paul Barry wrote:

Generally, it's a good idea to have only String and boolean
properties in an ActionForm and convert the information
gathered for further processing lateron. For complex
validations (like Dates), I usually check in validate() if
the value entered can be successfully converted via
SimpleDateFormat and do the actual conversion when
populating the VO bean. But you can have 2 properties
in the form as well.

HTH,
-- Chris.

BTW, as such conversions are needed quite often,
it's a good idea to write a small utility function that
does the conversion check and put it in either
your BaseActionForm or some general utility class.