I use JBuilder 8 with Struts 1.1 and no real problems (okay, you need to
make it forget 1.0 exists or it will try to put back the wrong dtd's in
your WEB-INF directory when you startup).

Look at the JBuilder defintion for the Struts Library under "Configure
Libraries", you want to make a 1.1. version just like it, this includes
telling where the struts tld's are.

For JBuilder 8, I needed to tell it it was a custom framework, and NOT a
Struts framework because it would make assumptions that were 1.0 related
(i.e. a template tld, but no tiles tld, etc).

Declare your project to use this library. Copy the TLD's into the
WEB-INF directory like JB wants, and it should work fine. Did for me
anyway.