From: shankarr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Dienstag, 11. Mai 2004 07:21
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [OT] Any ideas for time-limiting demo web apps?

Hi!

I want to implement https on my application. It seems that you have done just that.
It would be nice if you could state stepwise how you achieved the same. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
*Richie*

\
bOOyah wrote:

Jesse Alexander (KXT) wrote:

use a certificate. validation of valid-timerange is almost free.

And that's what I decided to do.

I get a cert from a keystore and check its validity. I catch 'CertificateExpiredException' and 'CertificateNotYetValidException' and output error messages accordingly.

hope this gives some ideas

Yes, it did. Many thanks Jesse. It was really easy in the end (especially since my requirements were lightweight).