Hi Raman
I would rather suggest you to put in your scope an ArrayList of beans, each
one eventually with getName() and getLabel()  (or whatever you like)

So.. in that case, if your collection is stored as "dummyList" then you
could access it like this:
labelProperty="label"/>

Where property attribute will be the value (and the property you will
eventually set in your actionform) and labelProperty will be the text
displayed

Another chance if you don't want make a javabean of your own is to use a
HashMap. In that case it will be the same, except that you will have to use
"key" and "value".
e.g:
<%
   java.util.HashMap myMap = new java.util.HashMap();
   myMap.put("TEXT1", "1");
   myMap.put("TEXT2", "2");
   session.setAttribute("myMap", myMap);
%>