Thanks very much, u have been of a great help :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea M [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 2:06 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: R: Maintaining form data across pages...

Yes that's the way it works
It does not matter in which scope the form is set
1. JSP submits the form
2. Struts goes to find one in the scope you told him
3. if it finds one, then it calls reset() (so to avoid having stale data),
then populates it
4. it it doesn't find any form in the scope, then istantiates a new one then
carries on

This is because Struts doesn't know if the actionform it founds is being
populated by a multiple-page form, or is simply a stale one.

And this is why reset() takes httpServletRequest as parameter: so you can
implement your own reset logic depending on your particular application flow