Samuel,

If you look in the struts-config.xml file, within the <Controller/> tags,
there is a statement  - inputForward="true" - that indicates the type of
value that will be specified in you input tags.  If "true" is specified,
then your input tags must refer to a forward name.  If "false" is specified
or if the statement is omitted, then the input value can refer to a page or
an action mapping.  In the example, "true" is specified and there is also a
global "logon" mapping.  When you specify a jsp page, there is no such
mapping, so you get the blank page.  Hopefully this helps you understand
why adding the global forward helped resolved the problem.

Our "inputForward" is set to false, so all of our input values refer to
ActionMappings (<action/>), but we could refer to global forwards.

Sorry I wasn't able to post to your thread last week.  I didn't have the
time.
Nick

|         |           Samuel Rochas      |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           nasoft.com>        |
|         |           05/14/2004 06:40 PM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           "Struts Users      |
|         |           Mailing List"      |

  |       cc:
                                          |
  |       Subject:  Re: Server side validation

Hello Geeta,

I've solved the problem, still don't really understand the reason.

I've defined a global forward for the input of my reluctant form, and
now, in case of validation error, I am forwarded to the desired page,
not to the blank one.

Thanks for you help.
Samuel