> From: Frank Burns [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> However, the problem I am trying to solve is that my
> AuthenticateAction
> class can throw the TRCDatabaseException in SEVERAL places.
>
> I want to be able to display a DIFFERENT error message for
> each place in the
> code where the exception can occur.

What about subclassing TRCDatabaseException and making different
exceptions for the different bad things that can happen?

For example, I have a generic "DAOException", and beneath that,
RecordNotFoundException, RecordLockedException, etc.

Then throw the exception that describes what really happened, and let
Struts do its thing.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.